Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I Won!!!


I won a contest that I didn't even know I signed up for!!!  What did I win?  That's the best part!

Guess...


Nope, not that.


Nooooo, not that either.


Okay, I'll tell you.


Wait for it...


Wait for it....


Wait


for


it...


I get to jump off a building!!!!

For FREE!!!

Yes, jump.  Yes, a building.  Free?  Well, yes, technically. But it's for a good cause so I'm hoping to raise money anyway.  Curious yet?


I signed up for Over the Edge for Kids Included Together. Participants raise $1000 for the opportunity to rappel 33 stories off the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, CAKids Included Together supports  the inclusion of children with disabilities in out–of–school time programs.




I signed up after a friend talked me into it and was trying to raise money. I'm a terrible fund-raiser, but thought I'd try anyway. Then, just today, I found out I won a contest I didn't know about and Viola! How exciting!

My team name is Wear the Cape, though I'm the only person on my team so far (hint hint?).  I'm going to ask if I can wear a cape, and I have a fund-raiser idea that includes making capes.

More to come as this unfolds!



No comments:

Post a Comment