Monday, March 17, 2014

[SOLSC] Mistake-making

I am taking part in the Slice of Life Story Challenge with Two Writing Teachers. For this challenge I will be attempting to write a "Slice of Life" post each day in the month of March and each Tuesday after that.

I am not a good mistake-maker. It isn't that I don't do it well. I'm not exactly certain how to measure a mistake on a scale, and what that scale would include, but I'm fairly certain that any mistake could be considered "done well" if it is done at all. 

I struggle with the after-effects of mistake-making. I struggle to embrace the mistake-making and instead try to wish it away. I want to have not made it, to undo the events that caused it, and to go back to imagining myself to be a non-mistake-maker.

And before you tell me to stop worrying about it, to let it go, to not be so hard on myself. I will tell you that I I will do and have done all of the above. It has been let go. It will be fixed. I have moved on.

I don't make excuses. I own my errors. I fix them the best way I can. I know mistakes happen, and I can put them in perspective. There were those minutes though, where I wished mightily that it hadn't been made in the first place.  That's just the truth of it. 

How do you truly feel about mistakes?


1 comment:

  1. I can tell myself that we learn from our mistakes...and I believe that we do grow. But I do that replay action all the time. I try to turn it around and think about what I've done that's right.

    ReplyDelete